D23, the Official Disney Fan Club, has just released a sneak peek into the Spring 2019 issue of their official magazine. This issue is packed with behind-the-scenes details about the upcoming Marvel Studios’ new film Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel explores the origin story of Carol Danvers, and stars Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson. D23 has the charming story of how they both have become good friends. Each issue also includes an exclusive poster highlighting 10 characters moviegoers will meet when Captain Marvel hits theaters in March.
The Marvel sneak peeks don’t stop at Captain Marvel, details of Avengers: Endgame straight from directors Anthony and Joe Russo themselves on a look into what you can expect in this follow up to the box office hit Avengers: Infinity War. This issue also explores the new attraction Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! at Hong Kong Disneyland and the adventure that will have these two heroes, and guests, facing off against the wicked agents of Hydra.
This issue also features exclusive interviews with Tim Burton, Colin Farrell and Danny DeVito on what it took to bring Dumbo and this enchaning tale to life, and you finally find out what happens after DUmbo takes his famous first flight. In celebration of D23’s 10th anniversary, the back cover also features a “10 FAN-tastic Years” patch exclusively for D23 Gold Members.
Also included in the Spring issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Victoria Alonso, Marvel Studios’ executive vice president, opens the doors to her office
- Author Lorrain Cink gives us a preview of some of the 65 women celebrated in her new book, Marvel Powers of a Girl
- We get details from the stars of Disney Channel’s Kim Possible live-action movie on accomplishing their Vancouver “bucket list” and celebrating the original animated series
- A fond look back at Walt Disney World Resort’s Dumbo’s Circus Parade
- Disneynature’s icebreaking new feature, Penguins, which follows a first-time father’s hilarious and heartfelt adventures
- Raven-Symoné reflects on the totally stellar 20th anniversary of Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century
- An exploration of Walt Disney’s revolutionary Alice Comedies, which blended animation and live-action in innovative new ways
- Every big Disney Parks announcement from D23’s Destination D event—from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge news to a first look at the Disney Skyliner
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave